Donnie is a Design Systems Architect based in New York. He specializes in crafting experiences for companies of any size with hand-tailored solutions to meet the needs of an organization. He is currently a senior engineer on the UX Platform team at GoDaddy and teaches user research and interaction design at Parsons School of Design.
With years of experience with design systems, Donnie's role as an architect is to be able to interpret the designer's vision. However a challenge he has often encountered is the limitations of their designs which are often based on designing on a grid. So is the future of design gridless?
In this session, Donnie will talk through examples of gridless design best practices that aim to strengthen inclusivity in your product designs and design systems.. You will walk away learning:
- What the limitations are with designing on the grid but also why this is the current norms;
- How you can start implementing this methodology to your current design systems; and
- Why gridless design is the designing for the future of your products
Design Systems provide designers with a new way to build cohesive, consistent experiences at scale - to create truly great products.
This panel will explore the ways different companies are approaching design systems to achieve greater alignment throughout the team.
- How will the role of the designer is evolving
- Allowing designers to think-creatively on user needs
- An evolution of what it means for design alignment
- The importance of design alignment in product success