Terms and Conditions
Irish law governs these terms and conditions and any dispute are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
- No transport of any kind will be provided to or from any event or conference location.
- You consent to film and sound recording as attendees at any event or conference.
- UXDX shall be entitled to delegate the provision of its obligations under this Agreement.
- No other terms shall apply to this Agreement and these terms contain the entire agreement and understanding between us in respect of all matters which are referred to herein and supersede any prior, written or oral agreement between us relating to such matters. You confirm that in agreeing to accept these terms you have not relied on any representation that is not expressly included herein and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any misrepresentation which has not become a part of these terms. However, nothing in these terms purport to exclude liability for any fraudulent statement or act.
- If any part of the terms herein shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from these terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the terms.
We reserve the right to:
- Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Website/Mobile App (or any part of it) with or without notice to you.
- Change these Terms from time to time. Your continued use of the website/mobile app (or any part of it) following such change shall be subject to and including the changes made to the terms from time to time.
- Monitor any activity and content associated with the Website/Mobile App. We may investigate any reported violation of these Terms to confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website/Mobile App; and/or deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Terms have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Terms then you must immediately stop using the Website/Mobile App; and/ or complaints relating to the Website/Mobile App and take any action that we deem appropriate (which may include, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspending, terminating or attaching conditions to your access and/or removing any materials from the Website/Mobile App).
UXDX will not be responsible for any tickets that are lost or stolen. The unauthorised use of photographic and recording equipment at events and conferences is prohibited.
UXDX will not be liable for any loss injury or damage to any person or property howsoever caused (save for death or personal injury as a result of UXDX’s negligence or for any other type of liability that cannot by law be excluded or limited.)
UXDX will not be liable for the granting of any VISAs that are required to attend any event or conference. In the event that an attendee’s VISA is not granted tickets will not be refunded for any event or conference.
In the event that the purchaser is a consumer and to whom the European Directive on Consumer Rights (Directive 2011 / 83/ EU) applies, the consumer would be entitled to a cooling off period of fourteen days which would begin on the day the contract for distance selling was concluded.
For questions about registration, assistance with any registration or problems, please contact us at email@example.com or use the chat tool on this website.
Event Cancellation, Postponement & Substitution Policy
UXDX is not responsible for any loss or damage as a result of a substitution, alteration, cancellation or postponement of an event. UXDX shall assume no liability whatsoever in the circumstances that an event is cancelled, rescheduled or postponed due to a fortuitous event, Act of God, unforeseen occurrence or any other event that renders performance of an event impracticable, illegal or impossible. For purposes of this clause, a fortuitous event shall include, but not be limited to: war, fire, labour strike, pandemic, extreme weather or other emergency.
Please note that while speakers and topics are confirmed at the time of publishing, circumstances beyond the control of the organisers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. As such, UXDX reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised speakers and/or topics if necessary without any liability to you whatsoever. Any substitutions or alterations will be updated on our web page as soon as possible.
Once a successful purchase transaction has been completed, tickets are delivered in electronic soft-copy via email to the email address nominated by the purchaser. For some ticket types it may be necessary to complete required information – such as attendee name – before the tickets can be issued. The ticket acts as a receipt for the transaction and can be used to redeem entry at the event listed on the ticket. A printed hard-copy ticket or an electronic soft-copy ticket detailing the reference number can be used to register at the event.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
All purchases of tickets for conferences and events (including hotel rooms if applicable) are non-refundable in their entirety. Your ticket remains the property of UXDX and is a personal revocable license, which may be withdrawn, and admission refused at any time upon a refund of the printed registration price.
In the event of having to cancel an in-person event, in-person tickets can either be transfered to the following in-person event, or a refund of the different between the In-Person and Online ticket (based on the prices at the time of purchase).
In the unlikely event of cancellation of a conference or event the liability of UXDX is limited to the share of paid registration fees that remains after credit card and payment processing fees have been incurred and deducted.
It is strictly forbidden for any company, organisation or attendee to attempt to host or organise any event in conjunction with, contiguous to or purporting to be related to UXDX or its affiliates without the express prior permission and cooperation of UXDX. In the event of breach of these terms any tickets purchased by the organiser and their affiliates will be rendered null and void. UXDX reserves their right to take such legal action including a claim for damages as may be appropriate.
You Can’t Resell your Ticket
The tickets purchased (including hotel rooms if applicable) are for your own personal use or that of your business only and may not be re-sold or transferred for commercial gain under any circumstances, including but not limited to use as part of any promotion or competition. Where there has been any resale or attempted resale of any tickets (or any other breach of this term), we reserve the right to cancel the relevant tickets with immediate effect.
We reserve the right to cancel any ticket purchase made by any person or body whom we reasonably believe to be associated with any ticket broker or tout. UXDX reserves the right to refuse admission to any event or conference for any behaviour, which it deems unacceptable, contravenes our Code of Conduct, or for breach of the terms and conditions.
Limitation of Liability
Whilst we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the website/mobile app, we make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy. The Website/Mobile App is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis for your information and personal use only without any representation or endorsement. Unless specified in separate terms and conditions relating to a particular product or service, we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Website/Mobile App, or products or services offered on the Website/Mobile App whether by us or on our behalf (including free software downloads) including but not limited to, implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, condition or completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee and therefore shall not be in any way responsible for the security or privacy of the Website/Mobile App and any information provided to or taken from the Website/Mobile App by you.
The Organisers and its subsidiaries will not be liable for any loss injury or damage to any person or property howsoever caused (save for death or personal injury as a result of the Organisers negligence or for any other type of liability that cannot by law be excluded or limited.)
You agree to be fully responsible for (and fully indemnify us against) all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including legal fees, suffered by us and arising out of any breach of the terms by you or any other liabilities incurred by us arising out of your use of the website/mobile app, or use by any other person accessing the website/mobile app using your pc or internet access account.
Intellectual Property and Rights to Use
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content contained within the Website/Mobile App shall remain at all times owned by us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us. We reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the Website/Mobile App and the content in the Website/Mobile App.
This page was last reviewed / amended by Rory Madden, 09/12/2020