Ryan’s inherent passion for finding elegant solutions to complex organizational and design challenges led him to earn a Master’s degree in Interactive Design from the Interactive Telecommunications Program (ITP) at the Tisch School of the Arts at New York University. After earning his degree at NYU, Ryan took on lead user experience roles at companies including R/GA, Yahoo!, Corra, Pearson and Priceline.
Ryan is currently the Head of Design at Priceline where he oversees design and research for web, mWeb and app.
With extensive experience in UX, design leadership, user research, digital and multi-channel strategy, Ryan excels at ensuring business objectives and user needs are being met with ease.
Design is more complicated today than ever. The truth is, this is only the beginning. From an array of screen sizes, numerous channels, and choice overload, we have a lot to think about, all while considering a consumer mindset that expects simplicity on demand.
In this talk, Ryan will uncover how his team at Priceline has needed to uncover insights from their users to be able to shift their approaches when designing their products to ensure winning experiences. He will touch on:
- What current design trends are we seeing and what are the challenges associated with them?
- How do you gather your data and insights from your users and what is the best way to prioritise these insights?
- How do you test your designs?
- What advice Ryan has for product designers/product teams to look out for when designing products?
- What he sees in the future for product design?