I started out with Bachelors in Art & Design and went on to continue my education with a CEMS Masters in International Manager. This led me to start my career in Marketing, where I first came across the expression “User Experience Design” and lightbulb went on in my head. “Thats the job I want.” I thought to myself. I researched, took free online UX courses, attended a 10 Week General Assembly course and taught myself the basics of HTML and CSS and then went on to find a job as a Requirements Engineer. It was one step closer to UX and allowed me to move into the realm of digital products. In this role I went on to apply all that I had taught myself in UX and soon realised I did not have to be a UX designer to be doing UX in my Job. Since then I been a Product Manager in a Venture builder and Product Owner at parcelLab and apply UX principles in my day to day wherever I can. My approach: it doesn’t matter where I work or what my job title is, my goal is to be a UX advocate and help others understand the value of UX.
In this talk, Claire will talk through tips she's learned and applied with her product teams to be conscious and start their journey on creating sustainable web designs. She will touch on:
- What is sustainable web design
- What are her top tips on how to ensure your web design is sustainable
- What challenges has she encountered, and
- What other improvements is she looking to incorporate to her process
Is there a formula to ensure an efficient team? Is there a way where you can ensure teams are motivated, efficient and continue to ship great products?
In this interactive session, our speakers will talk through best practices that have worked for their businesses when building great and happy teams.
Learn what Matti, Claire and Julia have put into practice as they touch on:
- How to make the best of T-Shaped skills
- Building teams in the right way, from performance to upskilling
- Is there an ideal team makeup? Does one size fit all or how to know what's right for you?