Dónal is the Head of Experience & Service Design at Verizon Connect, leading product experience globally in the connected vehicles and mobile workforce space. He specialises in UX maturity acceleration, multi-year experience vision and strategy, lean transformation and design leadership. Dónal has over 20 years experience building world class UX and research teams.
Transformation isn't just a UX project, it's the whole company project. Donal O'Mahony, Global Head of Experience Design at IoT Saas company Verizon Connect, has been leading experience transformation in his organisation to create incremental experience improvements with his 70 person X team.
In his talk, Dónal will discuss:
- Directional CFT leadership alignment to help deliver multi-year digital transformation.
- 'That was a great service design workshop, now what do we do?!'
- Shared goals - unifying leadership around customer outcome OKRs.
- One vision - telling an evolving, multi-year customer outcome story every CFT believes in.
- How Digital Transformation has taken place within each company?
- Complexities and realities of introducing design thinking into larger organisations
- Benefits and advantages of more focus on design thinking and UX methods
- Trickling design thinking culture within the organisation
- Institutionalising experience design & accelerating the UX maturity model
- Hiring strategy - a phased approach to hiring (and no bean bags)
- Scaling up versus staying Agile: Running ‘squads’ like lean start-ups
- Outcomes – deliver on the promise of UX inch by inch in this new Verizon world
- Roadmaps, Lean and Kanban boards – cycle time, KPIs, Heart, ROI & metrics for UX
- The golden ratio – how many experience designers does it take to change a company?