Aleks Safarova oversees three cross-functioning teams - UX Design, Product Design, and Brand & Design Systems. She is responsible for the creative vision and direction of how our travel brands come to life in web and mobile spaces, working alongside a team of product managers, designers, and engineers. Aleks has also concentrated her efforts on optimizing team processes and collaboration.
Aleks initially joined KAYAK in 2014 as UI/UX Designer in our Cambridge office. Before KAYAK, Aleks began her career as a designer for Macy’s Fashion Office, focusing on global trend forecasting and trend analysis. For most of her life, Aleks has focused her studies on Art and Design, from attending Lavilla Art Middle School in Florida to graduating from the Maryland Institute College of Art.
Consistency in design is difficult, made more difficult when your design system supports several brands within different markets. So how did the team in KAYAK achieve this with a lean design team.
Follow Aleks and her teams journey as they built their design systems that services multiple global brands. She will touch on their learnings on:
- How they adapted and restructured the design system to support their current needs;
- Why a component based design system helped them best create consistent designs for multiple brands
- How to avoid bottlenecks when knowledge sharing by establishing the Ambassador System; and
- Any future improvement she envisages for the team.
Design Systems provide designers with a new way to build cohesive, consistent experiences at scale - to create truly great products.
This panel will explore the ways different companies are approaching design systems to achieve greater alignment throughout the team.
- How will the role of the designer is evolving
- Allowing designers to think-creatively on user needs
- An evolution of what it means for design alignment
- The importance of design alignment in product success