Head of Development
David O'Callaghan is Head of Development for Ryanair Labs. Charged with transforming Ryanair into the 'Amazon of Travel' David leads a team of over 100 developers covering all IT aspects of the business including the website transformation (front and back end), the mobile apps, the DevOps implementation as well as numerous back office systems. With a career spanning almost two decades in development, David has experience managing multiple IT and Technology projects, programs and portfolios. Prior to Ryanair. David was working at HMH where he had multiple roles managing technical and development team. He has also held senior consulting roles for business consulting firm BearingPoint, combining traditional and modern project management disciplines. It was here that he started working with Agile methodologies.
* A review of Ryanair's Always getting better and why digital is at it's core
* How to transition a business from IT neglect to first class citizen
* Why Agile is working for Ryanair, and how they are continuously improving
* Reducing the Build-Measure-Learn cycle time
* What is in store for the future of Ryanair