Donal O Mahony is Head of UX and Product Design in Fleetmatics, a Verizon Company. where he leads a team of researchers, content specialists, user experience designers and UI designers. He is responsible for all aspects of user research, product design and user experience and has grown the UX team from a standing start to 30 people within 1 year. Prior to joining Fleetmatics he was Director of UX and Design at HMH's Dublin R&D office, where he led a team of 30 UX and UI designers. He is also a public speaker in the areas of UX and Design and has lectured in Trinity College Dublin and IADT. In a previous life, he was a musician and producer.
- Institutionalising experience design & accelerating the UX maturity model
- Hiring strategy - a phased approach to hiring (and no bean bags)
- Scaling up versus staying Agile: Running ‘squads’ like lean start-ups
- Outcomes – deliver on the promise of UX inch by inch in this new Verizon world
- Roadmaps, Lean and Kanban boards – cycle time, KPIs, Heart, ROI & metrics for UX
- The golden ratio – how many experience designers does it take to change a company?
- How Digital Transformation has taken place within each company?
- Complexities and realities of introducing design thinking into larger organisations
- Benefits and advantages of more focus on design thinking and UX methods
- Trickling design thinking culture within the organisation